Tuesday, June 17, 2008

17 Pints




So the math teacher took pi times radius squared and multiplied by the height of the honey in the bottling bucket, which gave her cubic inches and then she googled to figure out how many cubic inches were in a pint....her estimate was 16 pints. I did the math the redneck way, put the honey in the jars and then counted the jars. I got 17 pints, but we filled to the neck of the bottle, not to the lid, so there may have been some variance. Either way, that's a whole bunch o' honey.

4 comments:

Travelers to Cambodia said...

Your math cracks me up. The honey is beautiful!! I enjoy keeping up with the bees via blog, but sometime soon I wanna come and see it for myself! I'm so glad you are enjoying the life of bees.

Chapeltree said...

We've got a jar of honey waiting for you!

Unknown said...

Wow!!!

Travelers to Cambodia said...

I should make a "bee-line" over there and pick up the honey!! I can't wait to try some on a biscuit